Ghost Cafe


Ghost Cafe
Originally uploaded by Paul Grand
Sometimes glass reflections are enough.
I do get a bit peeved when people assume that everything one shoots is somehow a 'Photoshop creation'.
Of late I've had several pictures up on flickr which were totally camera sourced.
Not that I mind anything photoshoped.
The 'Racing Dogs' magazine cover was shot whilst still at art College, Over twenty years ago! - Long before Computers had any real processing power.

This is just something I noticed today whilst passing a 'sort of' friends cafe; 'La Part des Anges', I say 'sort of' because he threatened to stab me once,
just in jest, with a fork,
when he ran the popular nearby restaurant,
"Le petit Montmartre"
I'd asked for a vegetarian Salad, " La Chevre Chaud" Which means;
'Hot goats cheese salad'. Naturally Chef's don't much like Vegetarians, we're nothing but trouble for them.
He's a real Basil Faulty type and likes to surround himself with glamorous Parisian opera singers and famous actors who frequently perform within the red and gold rococo interior. But that's another story.. Well worth visiting!

This image is a straight photograph of the new tea rooms outdoor seating, as reflected in a derelict building's window opposite.
It was a sunny Saturday afternoon, when normally these outdoor chairs would be full, but today with the cold winds of economic change 'a blowing' Beziers city center seemed almost deserted.

Comments

Borealnz (Jill) said…
I love the way you've captured this Paul especially with the matching commentary. It sounds a great cafe too!
jannx said…
Paul, great read! You're right the times are changin'
paulgrand said…
Thanks guys, just telling it like it is!
Ted said…
I want to be critical here. Well, not about the quality of line which moves my mind through the image and causes it to swirl. Nor for the color palette which un-does with warm suggestions the potential melancholy of the cool sunlight. Nope, I also don’t want to be negative in any way over the pastels you’ve imaged, that reinforce the undulating apparitions. And there’s no way I feel like criticizing the way you’ve used all of your space without allowing one element to live in there that fails to add to the emotional impact of the moment.

No… I want to be very critical of the fact that this image appeared in your camera, then your monitor instead of mine. It is not particularly gracious of you to flaunt your talent so that an image like this can appear to so effortlessly feed my wonder… while leaving me with a sinking sensation that the subtle magic is something that can easily appear in your camera, but just doesn’t seem to happen in mine. AAAAARGH!

Thanks Paul…. J

Popular Posts