Bullfight ad and protest.

Bullfighting season arrives..
Its here again, high summer and the onset of the bullfighting in our local area.
I'm famous for my outspoken anti-bullfighting beliefs, so, I'll not bang on about it here.

This huge, permanent Ferier ad is on the Narbonne hill overlooking that stormy valley.
I just snapped this whilst driving past other day, through the windscreen.
I'm not too sure about the cross and the heart, but I like to think its a Christian anti-bullfighting symbol?

Comments

Borealnz (Jill) said…
It looks very dramatic silhouetted on the skyline like this!
Anonymous said…
... A heart surmounted by a cross is the symbol of the 'Sacred Heart of Jesus' - a very common, if gory, image in 60's Ireland, along with JFK. Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (started by a French priest) still very active, tho they seem to have dropped the symbol for the most part. Also, schools, medical centers... Apparently it's about reparation for sins, so it may well be anti-bullfighting!

Cliona
paulgrand said…
Thanks for the info, I'm happy its not a pro-Bullfight slogan after all!

Psaul

Popular Posts