out of the blue


lone bather, originally uploaded by Paul Grand.

Its funny how blog stories come to fruition.
I've not written a word for ages, then several ideas come all at once, like those English buses in the rain!

I was innocently taking pictures of underwater textures for Martine, whilst standing in our glacial sea the other day. When this guy on the horizon kept creeping into my shots

Previously my sister emailed me from her holiday in the Tropic's during the monsoon (she was out there trying their new house, out of season) to tell me my other sisters husband had almost died.
He's awoken in the early hours with a big sweat, not feeling at all well, my sister in the UK phoned for an ambulance and he was taken to the local hospital.
She drove home, two hours later he had an enormous heart attack, had to be re-booted on the table and revived from death.
Turned out his heart was full of fatty cholesterol, had to be flushed out, I expect the rat poison they use for blood thinning caused all that bruising that my sister noticed..
He's only around 44 years old and looks a bit like the guy in the image, 6'4" like me, but a 'big ex-rugger player'.

So here we are, a man on a horizon facing his mortality after a bolt from the blue. After all, we die alone..

Comments

Borealnz (Jill) said…
Great punch-line Paul...perfectly matched to the photo.
Glad your BIL is okay!
paulgrand said…
Yes Jill, Thanks, and the 'bil' is on the mend!:-)

Popular Posts